In case you haven’t heard – we’re starting 2023 off with a bang. Following several successful collaborations that took us through the streets of New York with OverStory and Katana Kitten, all the way to the hustle and bustle of Mexico City with Hanky Panky – we are thrilled to announce our first collaboration of 2023 with award-winning cocktail bar Manhattan, located in Singapore.
Manhattan cocktail bar, found within the Conrad Singapore Orchid Hotel, is currently ranked No. 33 on the World’s Best Bar List. Inspired by the Golden Age of cocktails and fine drinking, Manhattan brings modern and innovative elements to its cocktails; meticulously crafting beverages for all to enjoy.
Manhattan is known for their New York personified menu with a line-up of personalities spanning circuits of music, film and politics. Keeping with their theme, Beverage Director Rusty Cerven & Bartender Yahan Chung have crafted three Singaporean inspired cocktails for this collaboration:
- Chin Han, Singaporean actor
- Vanessa Mae, violinist
- Lee Kwan Yew, founding father of modern-day Singapore
Botanist Head Bartender Jeff Savage’s menu takes inspiration from Vancouver personalities who have shaped our city, such as:
- ted northe, human rights and LGBTGIA2S+ activist who was a pioneer for an oppressed community and eventually became one of the founders of Vancouver Pride
- Sandeep Johal, contemporary Vancouver muralist whose art is highlighted throughout our city
- Chief Dan George, actor, writer, musician and activist born in the Tsleil-Waututh Nation.
Discover stories richly intertwined in cocktails carefully paired with Botanist’s Executive Chef Hector Laguna’s six-course tasting menu featuring the bounty of Pacific Northwest with stand-out ingredients including black truffles, foie gras, seabream, diver scallops, and venison loin.